Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kamehameha Day 2009 Kohala











Aloha! I took some photos yesterday
and thursday in Kohala. Kohala is the birth place of King Kamehameha and every year there is a parade and activities. Its really fun with music and hula. This satue is is over a 100 years old and has a great story, you need to come and find out about it. First picture is the day before the parade and the other is after on the day of the celebration.

At the event, my aunty Mabel attended. It was nice seeing her, she has gotten better with her illness. She looks like my dad very much, she is my favorite aunt.

This next picture was taken in Kohala at the Valley lookout. We gone down there years ago and its sooooo beautiful on the bottom, awesome black sand. I thought to go down but I figured Huili would not be in the spirit to do it :-)










Huili can only dream of eating Ahi (tuna) from Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment